1. Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Arnosmater respects the privacy of our customers and other individuals we deal with in the course of our business. Arnosmater’s entities operating in Australia, the United States and Hong Kong are bound by the privacy laws applicable to us.
2. Kinds of personal information collected and held
Arnosmater may collect, use and disclose the personal information of its customers and other individuals for the purposes of its business operations. In each case, the precise nature of our collection, use and disclosure of personal information depends on the nature of your interaction with us (for example, the products or services you request and receive from us).
We may collect personal information about you in a number of circumstances, including if you:
• contact us;
• are a customer (for example, we may collect your contact details and credit card details);
• are, or are employed by, one of our suppliers, contractors, dealers, related companies and agents; or
• apply for a job or contract with us (for example, we may collect your contact details, information about your working history and relevant records checks). We may collect this information directly from you, from any recruitment consultant or from your previous employers and others who may be able to provide information to assist us in our decision on whether or not to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract.
3. How your personal information is collected and held
3.1 General information
We collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
• directly from you (for example, when you provide information to us by phone, email or through our website); and
• from third parties, such as our related entities.
3.2 Information about your use of our website
In general, you can browse our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We are, however, able to determine your IP address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website, to monitor the use of our website and to improve the content of our website. In short, we use your IP to gather aggregate demographic information.
There are a few places on our website where you are able to provide us with your personal information directly, such as when you order a product, enter a contest or sweepstakes, fill out a survey, send us feedback, request owners and parts manuals or register your product online. The nature of the personal information we collect will depend on your use of the website. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, however, we may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including post or zip code), email address, telephone and facsimile numbers, and other personal identifying information. When ordering products on our website, you may be asked to provide a credit card number. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
The Arnosmater website may contain links to other non-Arnosmater websites. Arnosmater is not responsible for the privacy practices of the entities who administer those non- Arnosmater websites or the content of such websites. You should exercise your best judgement when sharing personal information on these websites.
4. The purposes for which we collect, hold and disclose your personal information
We collect the personal information we need to provide products, services and information to our customers and the community and for our business operations generally. If you choose not to provide certain personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or information you require. We (and the organizations to which we disclose your information (see section 5 below)) generally use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise permitted by law, for example to:
• provide you with services you requested;
• process your order and contact you regarding administrative and processing issues;
• conduct market research and marketing; and
• provide you with the latest product and promotional material and other information that may be useful to you.
From time to time, we may send you marketing communications about our products and services. If you do not wish to receive further marketing communications from Arnosmater, you can send us an email at email@example.com and tell us that you do not want to receive future communications.
5. How your personal information may be disclosed
We may disclose your personal information to various entities depending on what services you receive from us, for example:
• our related entities;
• the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products purchased on our website;
• delivery service providers so that they can deliver products you have ordered from us;
• our dealers, business partners or organizations we have engaged to provide services or carry out functions and activities on our behalf;
• our professional advisers, including our legal advisors, accountants and auditors;
• other persons, including government and regulatory agencies, as required or authorized by law; and
• organizations that acquire (or propose to acquire) all or a part of our assets or business.
6. Keeping information secure
We want you to have continuing trust in Arnosmater and in our products and services and, so, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personal information.
In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
8. How to contact us
For access and correction enquiries and complaints, please contact us using the contact details provided below.